This is a much more difficult talent to deal with than empathy. Telekinesis has some controlled and some uncontrolled aspects like empathy but it’s more likely to affect other people than empathy.
If an empath is uncontrolled they usually self-destruct. They go neurotic, not socio-pathic. A telekinetic out of control, and a part of this talent is always capable of being out of control, does physical damage to objects and things.
What can a Telekinetic Do?
1. They can affect the flow of electrical current, i.e., turning lights on and off and never hit the switch. This is a good party trick but tends to scare some people.
2. They can break physical objects, i.e., in a seven day period a couple of years ago Miss Kat inadvertently blew 36 light bulbs in her apartment, she I only has 14 lamps in use not counting her car headlights. Solution: She switched to more expensive bulbs. Sometimes this is a way to ground excess energy. When she first started in the craft she tended to come out of ritual and break the first street light she came upon. She was so famous for it enough that when it happened she’d hear friends voices yell, “ Stop It!” By then it was too late of course it was dark.
3. Move or control objects, i.e., dice. Miss Kat’s dungeon master in D&D refused to tell me the number she needed after a while. She didn’t really think that was fair, but oh well.
WARNING: Do not try this in a casino, you will give yourself the most incredible headache. Remember, everyone else is concentrating too.
What telekinetics have difficulty doing:
1. Moving water. Miss Kat doesn’t know why, it may be just too dense but as a rule it just won’t go. Exception: clouds but they are really of air and if you bust or move clouds you are messing with the weather. Mother Nature is better at trying to keep in balance than you are. Although, there are people who specialize in it. We all have strange elemental affinities sometimes.
2. People. They have their own agenda and feelings. This comes under the Wiccan Rede.
3. Miss Kat personally can’t control cards, which is good or she’d never able to read tarot again. There is a small element of it used when being read by another person, because most readers will make the querent shuffle the deck, but it’s mostly to leave a trace of energy on the cards. A lot like leaving a scent for dogs to follow.
Warning: if you can move cards, realize that sooner or later no one will play with you. Not Nice. We also can’t move the Lotto balls otherwise there would be a lot more rich witches.
4. Fire. It’s easier to move than water but definitely has a mind and a will of its own. Miss Kat personally thinks fire can read us and our fears better than we will ever read the element of fire.
Two elements easier to control:
1. Anything of earth. Solids are easier to control. You have something to push or pull against.
2. Air. It seems to not mind being pushed around. Remember, speaking and singing have telekinetic aspects that occur in the medium of air. Ever had anyone call the quarters and make your hair stand on end? or give you shivers? Ever heard of Bardic Magic ?
How do you know if you’re telekinetic?
1. Do you blow lightbulbs? More than one at a time?
2. Does your computer crash often? Especially if you are upset.
3. Do you carry a constant static charge on your fingers?
4. Do you have a green thumb? This is a semi-telekinetic talent that also involves an affinity towards plants and animals.
5. Are you accident prone? If you are out of control, you will affect the way you interact with objects.
Caveat: Miss Kat has never known anyone who could bend or move a stationary object. No spoons. The operative part of the word is kinesis. Kinesis means movement. Most telekinetics can only move or affect something already in motion. Physics still runs the universe. Remember an object at rest will remain at rest and an object at motion will remain in motion.
If you are telekinetic:
1. Learn to control your emotions and your reactions to other people’s behavior. This helps prevent accidents.
2. Learn to ground yourself – literally, if you have an unexpected affinity for electricity. Most of my shoes have rubber soles.
3. Learn to ground your psychic self too – the old tree meditation works wonders.
What do you do for someone else who has been using telekinesis involuntarily?
1. Yell “STOP”! in a very loud commanding voice. This gets to the little kid inside that is running the talent out of control.
2. Before you yell, “STOP”! make sure they aren’t doing it on purpose. You will have a very angry person on you hands otherwise.
3. Explain why you yelled, Nuff said?
Miss Kat firmly believes that most, if not all, psychic abilities, come from that part of the self called the inner child, (a horribly over used term) but correct for this instance. It’s the part most likely to get out of control and try to do things. People that don’t know about the kid inside either have no ability or they are out of control. That’s why learning to ground yourself is extremely important.
Miss Kat has always been telekinetic but she really woke it up after being struck by lightning in 1976, not the way she would have chosen to discover it. Life as the Tower card. Oh well. Have fun.
Tags: wicca 101