Thank you so much Charlotte! http://cauldronsandbroomsticks.wordpress.com/
She has a great blog, please check it out. This arrived on my birthday and I wasn’t feeling very birthdayish, so thank you again.
1. I must detail 11 random facts about myself
2. Answer 11 questions from Charlotte
3. Pass the torch by nominating 11 other bloggers (or however many you can/would like to!)
4. Devise 11 questions for my nominees
5. Display the Liebster Award Logo
11 facts about me, Yikes!
1. I speak English, Latin, Gaelic and ASL and can read occasionally Swedish and Spanish. Some well some I need to practice on.
2. I have the first two volumes of Harry Potter in Latin, all in British English and American English, the first volume in Gaelic
3. I’m the oldest child in my family and there are only my sister and I left of my immediate family.
4. I’m a Double Gemini with a grand water trine and 5 planets in Cancer and Earth is my favourite element to work with.
5. I love tea and absolutely loathe coffee.
6. I enjoy chasing down my ancestry and have my mom’s line back to Scotland in the 1200’s and know that some of them came over with William the Conquerer from Normandy and that even though my Scottish grandmother married a Swede there were probably plenty of Norse/Swedes in the woodpile before that.
7. I may be my own cousin somewhere because I have MacGregors and MacFarlanes on both sides.
8. Two of my TOILA sisters and fellow druids may be my distant cousins too.
9. We have a Daguerreotype of Sojourner Truth in a family photo album from the late 1800’s and I have no idea why other than several obituaries say they were abolishionists.
10. I’m always in fear there won’t be another story until the next one appears in my head.
11. I’ve had a computer at home since the early 1990’s and it amazes me that my phone has more memory than my first very expensive computer.
My 11 Questions for my Nominees:
1. What is your favourite quote or motto?
I don’t really have a favourite quote at the moment. It changes all the time. Maybe my clan’s unofficial slogan? “Thogail nam bo theid sinn” To lift cattle we shall go.
2. Do you sing in the shower or recite poetry?
I sing anywhere I can get away with it and not disturb people.
3. What is the ringtone on your phone (either mobile or landline)?
Touch the Sky from Brave
4. Describe your dream home?
A tree house or log cabin in the woods with an herb garden and a garden a lot like the Heart Town Witch’s garden.
5. What made you start blogging?
My brother was had brain cancer and wanted me to follow him on his Livejournal blog and I had just started writing the BunniHoTep stories and he wanted me to share them with his friends. He also wanted me to have a community after he was gone and he gave me the gift of many wonderful friends. Now you can’t shut me up.
6. What book are you currently reading?
I just started Beautiful Creatures and I have to say so far. I’m not terribly impressed.
7. What are you avoiding doing by answering these questions?
Writing a post for the Feminism and Religion blog about the Heiromum and my Pagan Blog Project post which I think is going to be about Keeping Vigil
8. What is the most obscure piece of trivia you can share?
An elephant’s truck can hold 4 liters of water?
9. Favourite music and why?
Celtic/Scottish, Show tunes/movie soundtracks from my favourite movies, folk songs, camp songs. I was raised on Scottish music and broadway show tunes. And I’m an old folkie from the 60’s and sang a lot of camp songs when I was working at camps. And of course, pagan music
10. Do you have a favourite item of clothing and why?
Favourite item of clothing is hard. Any number of t-shirts. black pants and button down shirts and a vest, maybe? I’m a double gemini and subject to change at any moment.
11. Do you believe in alternative therapies? Why/why not?
Some, I’ve tried acupressure and acupuncture, Reiki, various other energy work, Homeopathy. If it works and isn’t too weird I’ll try it at least once.
11 questions for my nominees:
1. Have you ever had your full astrological chart done? Why or WHy not?
2. When was the last time you took a walk in nature and what did you see?
3. Have you ever had a familiar and what was it?
4. Favourite photograph you have ever taken.
5. Favourite place to visit
6. What do you like to write best? Poetry, prose, stories?
7. What’s your favourite comfort food?
8. Which would you rather live in? Suburb, city, country, forest, prarie and why?
9. Which would you rather be in? Earthquakes or tornadoes or hurricanes and why?
10. Summer, spring, winter or fall and why?
11. tea or coffee or something else?
The Purple Broom
The Ditsy Druid
The Lady Imbrium
Feminism and religion
Searching for Brigid
Journeying to the Goddess
Brighde’s bright heart
I’m sorry if I missed anyone. I love so many blogs