This is a new US campaign aimed at ending domestic violence and sexual assault, which is launched today, March 13th.
The next time you’re in a room with 6 people, think about this:
- 1 in 4 women experience violence from their partners in their lifetimes.
- 1 in 3 teens experience sexual or physical abuse or threats from a boyfriend or girlfriend in one year.
- 1 in 6 women are survivors of sexual assault.
- 1 in 5 men have experienced some form of sexual victimization in their lives.
- 1 in 4 women and 1 in 6 men were sexually abused before the age of 18.
These are not numbers.
They’re our mothers, girlfriends, brothers, sisters, children, co-workers and friends.
They’re the person you confide in most at work, the guy you play basketball with, the people in your book club, your poker buddy, your teenager’s best friend – or your teen…
View original post 18 more words