I’ve been in a funk from all the Christmas crap and the only access to the internet being my phone and Starbucks if I can get there, I have been remiss in not sharing this good news.
Thank you so much for brightening up my days.
Thanks Witchchic AKA Heidi!
You can find her here! http://witchchic.wordpress.com/2012/12/24/blog-of-the-year-2012/
The rules for this award are simple:
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the “Blog of the Year 2012” award.
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen — there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required — and present them with their award.
3. Please include a link back to this page “Blog of the Year 2012” Award and include these rules in your post. (Please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4. Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the rules with them.
5. You can now also join our Facebook group — click “like” on “Blog of the Year 2012” Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience.
6. As a winner of the award — please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award — and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar… and start collecting stars.
There are so many great blogs but the one I look forward to every day is Poppy’s http://bookofshadowsandblessings.wordpress.com/ She always makes me smile and I love how she talks about her “Little”. And I love the way she has done her BOS/DOS.
<img class="alignnone size-medium wp-image-7622" src="https://elfkat.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/blog-of-the-year.jpg?w=300" alt="blog of the year" width="300" height="111" />
And Sammiwitch nominated me for One Lovely Blog Award. Thank you so much!
Visit her here: The Life and Times of a Forever Witch: http://thelifeandtimesofaforeverwitch.wordpress.com
<img class="alignnone size-full wp-image-7623" src="https://elfkat.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/one-lovely-blog-award.jpg" alt="one-lovely-blog-award" width="152" height="151" />
These are the rules, should you choose to accept them:
Thank the person who nominated you (manners, people! manners!) Add the “One Lovely Blog Award” image to your post.
Share 7 things about you.
Pass the award on to seven nominees:
I nominate :
1. Belle DiMonte http://belledimonte.wordpress.com
2. Magikos Musings Http://magikosmusings.wordpress.com
3. Witching Wild Wood: http://witchingwildwood.wordpress.com
4. Pagan Devotionals : http://lectiodivinapaganus.wordpress.com
5. Searching for Brigid: http://searchingforbrigid.wordpress.com
6. Lady Imbrium’s Holocron: http://ladyimbriumsholocron.wordpress.com
7. Asylyn’s Corner: http://ayslynscorner.wordpress.com
Include this set of rules (important, otherwise confusion and mass hysteria ensues Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
7 things about me?
1. I have a size 7 foot and a size 9 foot. Not too exciting unless you want to wear pumps which I don’t.
2. I can’t ride a bike.
3. I didn’t learn to drive until I was 26 and when I did I had to keep it a secret that I hadn’t been licensed. Someday I’ll write about why.
4. I’ve worked at 6 different kids camps.
5. I can sing Silent Night in 6 languages.
6. I’m falling down on my book challenge. I thought I could read 125 books this year and I’ve only made it to 93.Last year I was over 150. Sigh…
8. I love tea and hate coffee.
<img class="alignnone size-full wp-image-7627" src="https://elfkat.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/liebster-award.jpg" alt="liebster-award" width="200" height="200" />
Thank You, Thank you, Thank You! Heather – Ramblings of a Hedgewitch
“The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The word ” Liebster” comes from German and can mean the sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, most beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
Thank the person who nominated you.
When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure you notify the blogger that you nominated them!) You write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees. I’m being lazy and using my nominator’s questions.
You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your own blog!
You paste the award picture into your blog. (You can Google the image, there are plenty of them!)
11 Random Facts about me
1) I love to bake.
2) I have a very goofy Maine Coon Cat
3) I have a tattoo on each shoulder and am contemplating more.
4) I’m a double Gemini with 5 planets in Cancer and a grand water trine. And Earth is my element I find the most pleasing.
5) I play way too many instruments and need to practice more.
6) I like to design embroidery patterns in my copious spare time between midnight and 6 am when I’m not doing something else
7) My favourite form of art work to do is pen & ink and Chinese water colour
8) I eat salted nuts on my cereal and not milk or fruit
9) My college graduation present from my parents was a month in the UK by myself
10) I miss backpacking and horseback riding
11) The best places I’ve ever worked were camps.
The questions I have to answer
1) Why did you start writing a blog?
I started on livejournal in 2005 because my brother asked me to when he was dying of brain cancer and he wanted me to share my stories and follow his journey. It’s the biggest, most important gift he ever gave me. He wanted me to have a grief support group if the worst happened and it did and I cherish every friend it has brought me and some I’ve even gotten to meet in person.
2) What is your favorite work of fiction?
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy & MZB’s Darkover novels
3) How would you describe your personal philosophy/spiritual path?
Wiccan/Druid/Family tradition – hard polytheistic, Panentheistic, nature junky, mostly Celtic but others deities have made their presence and desires known
4) What has impressed you lately? The heroism of the staff of Shady Hook
5) What has depressed you lately? Not being able to spend Christmas with my aunt and cousins and Shady Hook
6) What advice would you give your younger self if you could go back in time ten years?
10 years? Not much 10 years ago but 30 or 40? Come out, damn it and stop dithering around about whether you are gay or not
7) What are your vices? Tea, reading, sick sense of humour
8) What would you like to achieve in 2013? Finish the 3 books I have started and finish illustrating them. Meet some new characters to write about
9) Describe your personal style. Comfortable. I refuse to wear anything that irritates or itches or binds. I tend to wear, black, green, blue, purple, red and teal and not much else.
10) What is your favorite city? Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle and Edinburgh. What? I’m a double Gemini, picking one of anything ain’t gonna happen.
11) Name something that always makes you smile. My kitty, Liathfaol.
1. The Life and Times of a Forever Witch: http://thelifeandtimesofaforeverwitch.wordpress.com
2. The Ditsy Druid: Http://ditsydruid.wordpress.com
3. Cinnageek: http://cinnageek.wordpress.com
4. The Purple Broom: http://thepurplebroom.wordpress.com
5. The Witch of Howling Creek: http://witchofhowlingcreek.wordpress.com
6. Fieldstones: http://fieldstones.wordpress.com
7. The Chaos Witch: http://chaoswitchcraft.wordpress.com
8. Don’t Panic: http://insolenceandimpertinence.wordpress.com
9. Intended for Use: http://intendedforuse.wordpress.com
11.Witchcraft and Me http://witchchic.wordpress.com
There are so many wonderful blogs I apologize if I have forgotten any one because I know I have.