The lovely Morgana Rose nominated me for the Lovely Blog Award. Her lovely blog is here:http://notesfromthebroomcloset.wordpress.com/
Intended for use nominated me for a Most Inspiring Blog. Her Inspiring blog is here: http://intendedforuse.wordpress.com/
and so did
The very inspiring Awa. Here is her blog:http://heretherebegods.wordpress.com/
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post
Share 7 things about yourself
Nominate 15 or so bloggers you admire
Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated.
I’m supposed to think of some interesting facts for these awards and to hand out some more. I have a hard time knowing what’s interesting and what is just plain weird and I tend to the weird most of the time I’ve been told. 7 times three might be too much.
1. John Brown – the one who allegedly indulged in hanky panky with Queen Victoria is either my first cousin thrice removed or my third cousin depending on what chart you look at. All I know is my grandmother thought he was “no better than he should be”. This was said very disapprovingly.
2. Adam Smith – the dude who caused all kinds of trouble with a little book called “The Wealth of Nations” is also a cousin on my mom’s side.
3. I’m probably my own cousin somewhere because we have Wylies, MacFarlanes and MacGregor’s on both sides of my family but since mom’s came to Canada from Scotland and Northern Ireland in the 1800’s and dad’s family came to Pennsylvania from Scotland and Northern Ireland in 1723 not that closely related.
4. I have 2 tendons in my wrist where most people have one.
5. I have extra bones in my feet for no apparent reason.
6. I was born sitting up cross-legged so my mom called me the Buddha.
7. I love bad Latin phrases like “Semper ubi, sub ubi.”
8. I’m good at tongue twisters and my favourite one is, “I’m a sheet slitter. I slit sheets. I’m the best sheet slitter ever slit a sheet.”
9. I could read when I was three but I don’t remember learning how.
And that’s probably enough boring facts for anyone.
And now the nominations that are completely arbitrary and based on the people who have enlightened me in the last few weeks. Pick which ever award you haven’t already received for your blog.
1. Isiopolis by a member of the Fellowship of Isis and Isadore has a great book of Isian rituals and devotions too.
2. Pagan Devotionals – A new blog I’m following and enjoying
3. Book of Shadows and Blessings – Love this one!
4. Searching for Brigid. Another great blog – I love how many followers of Brighid are out there.
5. Stay for a Spell – Like her point of view a lot.
6. Lady Imbrium’s Holocron – another great blog
Do you know how hard this is? All the blogs I follow are great. If they aren’t I don’t follow them.
7. Don’t Panic! Always like her viewpoint
8. The Shireling – not a regular poster but always good, They are a fellow member of Paul Beyerel’s Rowan Tree Church/Hermit’s Grove. If you haven’t checked Rowan Tree out, please do
9. The Ditsy Druid – Love this one too!
10. The Purple Broom -witchy gothness from South Africa, always interesting to hear from south of the equatorial divide
11, Brandi’s blog is regular but always interesting. She’s also a wonderful vendor from our Faire.
12. An Artist’s Garden. This is a stellar glass artist that I just happened to go to high school with back in the dark ages. It can’t be possible it’s time for our 40th reunion.
13. The Crowing Crone – another one with a great viewpoint
14. Chester Maynes – I like his poetry
15.My Botanical Garden – always interesting
I know there are many more and if I left you out I’m sorry and feel free to nominate yourself!