1. If it says use butter, for heaven’s sake use butter. No substitutions!
2. Unless it says you can substitute something, don’t!
Try it first as written. Then if you have to substitute, do it. I can remember one time Mom substituted butterscotch chips for chocolate chips in her chocolate Nuggets and ended up with butterscotch lace instead. It tasted good but it wasn’t what she wanted.
3. Baking is chemistry. Follow the recipe exactly.
4. Have fun!
5. I have fun memories of my indentured servitude even though grinding umteen cups of pecans, walnuts, pistachios, peanuts, almonds and Brazil nuts will never be my favourite activity.
6. It was fun to pick cookie cutters, or roll dough balls or play in powdered sugar.
7. Read the recipe a few times through. Some are advanced and some are really easy.
- Чт, 12:40: Mom’s Lemon Angel Pie http://t.co/c3aLq0y5
- Чт, 22:38: RT @Edgar_Allan_Poe: Never ever get behind a zombie at a men’s room urinal.
- Пт, 02:32: Someone could be working to block your progress, but the Moon’… More for Gemini http://t.co/J586Lz2q
- Пт, 09:07: Remembering Veterans Day http://t.co/rwWOaHPi